Sunday 1 November 2015

Connected To The Spirit? - Sunday 1 November, 2015

Connected To The Spirit? - Sunday 1 November, 2015

Memorise: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me,and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. - John 15:5

Read: John 15:4-7 (KJV)

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Bible in One Year: Deuteronomy 16:9-18:22; Philippians 1

MESSAGE:

After Moses experienced the wonders of God in multiple dimensions at the Red Sea, he wrote a song to express his awe of the God of wonders. Here is an excerpt of this song from Exodus 15:11:

"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?"

From these words, we understand that signs and wonders come under the purview of God. They are God's acts, and they are part of His ministry. Signs and wonders are produced by the power of God. Any sign or wonder that is carried out by any other spirit or power is a fake; otherwise known as an act of magic. Today, magical acts are on the rise in churches, because some leaders want to see the manifestation of signs and wonders at all costs, irrespective of their source. They make a pact with the devil and begin to demonstrate his magical acts. In your local assembly, are you experiencing the signs and wonders of God or satanic magical acts?

Anyone who will be used for signs and wonders must first be connected to the God of signs and wonders. God has the power for genuine signs and wonders, and He is ready to share it with His children who are willing to pay the price of consecration. Elijah declared in 1 Kings 17:1b thus:

"As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word."

He was saying that he was who he was because of his connection to the miracle-working God, specifically God the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the powerhouse of the Godhead. Because Elisha had this understanding, he never asked for the anointing; rather, he asked for a double portion of the Spirit at work in his master (2 Kings 2:9). He knew that the Holy Spirit was behind the anointing, power, signs and miracles that were evident in Elijah's ministry. It is strange to know that some people want the anointing today, but they do not take time to develop their intimacy with the Holy Spirit. Some want power but do not care about the spirit it is coming from. Be very careful! Take note of the fact that it was after the oil touched David's head and the Holy Spirit came upon him that he could kill a bear and a lion with his bare hands. It was after this also that his ordinary stones could bring down Goliath the giant. Get connected to the Holy Spirit today.

Prayer Point: Father, grant me grace that my link with Your Holy Spirit may never be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment